7 min read
Sunshine Blogger Awards
Don Lorah asked me a few questions for the “Sunshine Blogger Award”. Per Don’s Blog Post:
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is a “get to know the writer better” type of blogging exercise, with a couple of rules attached:
1. Answer all 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate eleven bloggers in return and write eleven (possibly fiendish) questions for them to answer.”
Here are my answers to Don’s questions.
1. If you couldn’t write, how would you convey your stories?
Well… I guess because of the nature of my stories, I’d just whisper them in my husband’s ear at night. *blushing*
2. Favorite type of music or favorite band/artist?
I like tons of music… I really will give anything a try. BUT… my all time favorite band will always and forever be Blue October. It doesn’t matter if I listened to them the day before, or a few months ago. I can always go back to them whenever I need to, and it’s like they reach inside, hug your soul, and let you know it will all be okay.
3. Where is your ideal place to live?
One day…somewhere on a beach. Yes, I know that’s the name of a country song, but I don’t care. 😉 To live by the ocean with the smell of salt water and the sound of seagulls under the beautiful sunshine?? Yes please!
4. Worst character you’ve ever created? Which one did you like the least? (for whatever reason; they were a bad character or you didn’t create them as well as you have liked.)
The bad guy, Dean, in Her Husband’s Brother is just detestable. He really is a nasty guy and didn’t have any redeeming qualities. To think there are probably people out there like him? Ugh.
5. What genre would you never dabble in? Why?
I can’t imagine I’d ever try historical romance. Not that there’s anything wrong with it by any means, I just don’t think it’s my cup of tea. I’ve never had any desire to read, much less write one. However, if someone reading this thinks I’m crazy, feel free to recommend one! Prove me wrong! I have no problem eating my words. 😉
6. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?
Two people inspired me to write.
1. My mother. She definitely has a love of reading that she passed to me.
2. Tessa Bailey, my favorite erotic romance author. I was reading one of her books (who knows which one because I’ve pretty much read them all), and I thought… I really want to try this. Then I read another one and I thought…I really REALLY want to try this! Thus…Her Husband’s Brother came to fruition.
7. Worse book you ever read? Why?
Okay, I’m sure I’m about to piss everyone off… but I do NOT see what the big deal is with American Psycho. I’m sorry, I just don’t! *ducks head from flying objects* I found it to be, dare I say, boring? I enjoyed the movie enough…but the book made me yawn. Don’t get me wrong, I finished it, because I can’t NOT finish a book… Unless it’s House of Leaves. *shivers* But that’s a whole other thing. lol
8. What career/job gives you the chills? (What job would hate to have? Just suck the life right out of you.)
My stepdad is a police officer, and I could never do it. Obviously now is a pretty intense time, but even in the best of times (if there are any), to be in a position to see that kind of darkness day in and day out… I’m not someone who can easily detach. I feel things very deeply, and to constantly be face to face with the evils of our world would be terrible. It’s definitely not a job for me.
9. If you could cure the world of one ill; disease, social issue, etc… what would it be?
Without a doubt, addiction. I’m not for a second claiming to know everything about it, but I feel like it’s so misunderstood. Whether you’re someone who struggles with it, or you have a friend or family member who does, it seems like everyone I know has been affected by it in some form or fashion, and the negative effects just trickle down through the generations. It’s devastating that there are people who live with something that so completely takes them over and controls every facet of their lives.
10. Are you taking the traditional root to publication or untraditional? Why?
Traditional. I’m so new to all this, I never even thought to self publish. I got my first novella as polished as I could, and sent it to some erotic romance publishers I found online, and I was lucky enough to have Loose Id bite! So far I’ve been very happy with them, and will continue to work with them for as long as they will have me.
11. Favorite activity outside of writing?
I love to bake. It seriously makes me happy. lol I so enjoy trying new recipes or making cookies or other treats for my family and friends. It’s my way of saying, “I love you and am SO happy you’re in my life.”
11 people to tag:
1. Roxanne D. Howard – @RoxanneDHoward
2. Shannon Nydia – @shannonnydia001
3. Robin Hill – @robinhillwrites
4. Ashley Drew – @ashleydrew88_
5. Neil Christiansen – @WriteGavinGayle
6. Jen CeCarr – @JenniferCeCarr
7. Nicole Wilson – @NWilson31
8. The Written Ward – @WrittenWard
9. Millie Schmidt – @millieschmidt
10. Kay – @AuthorKayBlake
11. Mark Paleologopoulos – @MarkPaleo
1. Do you have a favorite character? If so, who? (Can be from your own work, or something you’ve read before.)
2. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
3. Do you write under a pen name? If so, why?
4. Name one thing from your bucket list and explain why it’s on there.
5. We all have our guilty pleasures… what’s one of yours? (for example, I love, love, LOVE reality TV.)
6. If you could only recommend one book, what would that book be and why?
7. What is one way you show people you love them?
8. What do you feel you need to fix / adjust in your writing style?
9. What are your favorite genres to read?
10. What is your ultimate goal as a writer? I’m talking your big picture, I’ve made it dream.
11. I saved the most important question for last… I feel like there are 3 types of people in this world. People who like the Sharknado movies, the ones who don’t, and the ones who haven’t seen them (mind boggling!). This question alone tells you a lot about a person. So, which one are you? If you’ve seen them, did you like them or not? Why? (FYI… I LOVE THEM!)